Friday, August 6, 2010

New Home - Adios, Blognet.

You may be reading my cowboy and indian art blog – as a new or returning reader. For the 2nd time in my life – I’ve been artistically censored. Hence, this is my blog’s new home. Only this time, being banned didn’t make national news or a spoof on Saturday Night Live.

In fact, I don’t know why my blog was even banned! All I know is that one day I tried accessing my blog and a page with word FORBIDDEN blared at me across the top of the page followed by a brief note informing me that I was being denied access. I tried for several days afterward and still that message came up on the screen of my computer monitor. I tried to contact Blognet’s home page in order to inquire about why I may have been censored. I was “forbidden” to even do that!

What gives? I never used profane language or threatened to blow up, shoot (except literally a rattlesnake), stab, kidnap or mutilate anyone or anything. What happened to freedom of speech and the 1st amendment? The one thing I did do, which may have aggravated my host sight, was to delete all the product advertisements that were bombarding my comment sections. So possibly I was censored because I censored capitalism at its finest. Go figure. I’ll never know.

The only entry that I will be bringing to the blog at this host site is the initial one titled The Launch. It explained the how, what, why and when of The Cowboy and Indian Icon Found Art Project’s blog. I would like to bring all the original entries to this site (I printed out most of the original blog and filed it away), however, my spare time is very limited. It amazes me how I even find time to write when I do.

How do you people out there keep up with your Facebook pages?! I don’t have one but I get invited to participate on other people’s pages all the time. Hope no one out there becomes offended because I never visit them. I appreciate anyone who takes time away from Facebook to read this blog. Technology hasn’t made parts of my life easier or given me more time. Just more opportunities to unfulfilling attempt to connect with others in the sphere of cyber space.

Anyway, welcome to The Cowboy and Indian Icon Found Art Project blog -

----- Part II.                                                   Yee Haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment