Saturday, March 12, 2011

412 15th Street, Safford, AZ February 3, 2011

Right down the street from the "assemblage art" house was an empty house that was painted pink with light blue trim. No For Sale sign or any other personal homeowner items out front. When I walked up and looked into one of the front, rectangle windows - the inside was completely empty. I placed, documented and photographed #85 on one of the quaint, blue window sills.
As I walked back to my car, scenarios of living in this pastel colored, concrete house entertained my fancy. The thought of whisking this house out of here - like Dorothy’s abode in the Wizard of Oz - entertained me. However, this house would land on a dirt road not too far from the heart beat of downtown Sante Fe. A location that would allow me to skip or stroll back home after satisfying my culinary cravings for gourmet southwestern food in a different restaurant almost each and every night. Cuisines far away from cowboy coffee, beans and biscuits.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment