Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tumbleweed Corner Pearce, AZ February 11, 2011

Whenever I drive into the town of Pearce/Sunsites in Cochise county, I always pass a colorful empty gas station named the Tumbleweed Corner. It’s painted green, yellow and red. Hard to miss. Been driving pass here since 2007 and I’ve yet to see it open for business.
I placed, photographed and documented #89 on one of the gas pumps. The plastic cowboy was green and the plastic indian was red. Definitely matched the decor!
I wondered what the Apache Chief, Cochise, would have thought about gas stations.  The heck with immobilizing the white man by stealing his horses.  Just set the white man's gas pumps on fire.  Easy and a lot cheaper than the price of hay to feed stolen horses.  Then there is fire.  The equalizer whether when it comes to gas pumps or horses!  The one aspect that never changes with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment