Thursday, January 6, 2011

256E - 200 South Pima, AZ November 24, 2010

My last cowboy and indian icon art piece placement of the day was on one of the busiest streets in the small town of Pima. What I mean by busy is that a vehicle may drive down this stretch steadily every 5-10 minutes. It lead directly on to Hwy. 70.
Not too far from Hwy. 70 is a small, abandoned, plain, wooden house with shingles on the roof that look like they are about to crumble off. The door at the main entrance was missing its bottom half. I placed, photographed and documented #71 on the wooden floor inside the main entrance.
It surprised me that this house wasn’t vandalized. It was not far from a school and had been obviously empty for some time now. Kids in the country get bored as easily as city kids and an abode like this could be a target for harmful, mischievous adventure.
Perhaps the house is haunted. Maybe none of the local kids want to go near it out fear of being visited from the other side. All I knew, I wasn’t going to hang out there any longer to find out. Who ever’s spirit may be dwelling there now, please tell my grandparents I said, "Hi."
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment