Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Desert Pony - Spirits & Food. Elfrida, AZ December 7, 2010

I had a silent partner on my this and the next cowboy and indian icon art placement.
Her name is Francesca - Frankie for short. I was attending "cowgirl college" at Grapevine Canyon Ranch in Pearce, AZ. The "college" consisted of a week’s training in barrel racing and other western horseback skills. Frankie had flew over from England to attend the week’s training. We hit it off as soon as we met. If Hollywood ever decided to do a remake of "Thelma and Louise," they could definitely cast us into the leading roles.
Frankie needed a ride to a store in Elfrida for some riding attire and I needed locations for two of my cowboy and indian icon art pieces. I offered her a ride to the store if she didn’t mind my stopping to place, photograph and document 2 of the pieces. Even though Frankie isn’t much of a conceptual art fanatic, she was up for any kind of adventure this Yankee was willing to put in her direction. She was in my car before I was.
We got to Elfrida which consisted of the western attire/feed store, post office and another store or two. Across the street from where we made our purchases was what use to be the only restaurant/bar for miles around called, "The Desert Pony." Hadn’t a clue how long it was closed but it looked like a good place set a cowboy and indian icon art piece to me.
On this occasion, Frankie sat in the front seat of the car while I placed, photographed and documented #74 on one of the restaurant’s front windowsills. As I finished up, I turned around and saw Frankie smiling through the windshield. I got back in the car and asked Frankie what the big smile was about. She replied, "You’re mad. I like it, Sharon! Where to now?" With that, we were headed back to Grapevine Canyon Ranch and the next cowboy and indian icon art placement. Hi Ho and away we go!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment