Saturday, January 29, 2011

3339 Highway 191 Safford, AZ Jaunuary 3, 2011

A woman once told me that her boyfriend made her and her four young children live in the horrible, deteriorating abode at this address. When I first moved to Graham County in March, 2006 - I was employed as a psychotherapist at the only community mental health outpatient clinic in the county. The former occupant was one of my therapy clients.
I knew that no one was living there now by the accumulation of huge, dead tumbleweeds around the house. I placed, photographed and documented #75 on an outside windowsill of the home which was no easy feat because of the tumbleweeds. They may’ve have been dead but they were still prickly and impossible to avoid. The one reassurance I had about the placement was the time of the year. It was January and the odds were high that I wouldn’t encounter a snoozing rattlesnake amongst the dead fauna.
Part of the bottom left corner of door was missing. As if someone, at some time, tried to kick it in. Friend or foe? My guess -the friend, who was a lover, became a foe. No fairy tale ending for this love story. Just a reminder of lost hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment