Friday, August 5, 2011

Danny's Drive-in Diner, Duncan, AZ April 6, 2011

Not far from the river rock house on Hwy. 70 is a small, old, white cement block building that was once a restaurant. It’s never been open since I moved here in 2006. Every time I drive into Duncan, it sort of calls out my name. One of the restaurant’s sheltered windowsills would be a cozy home for one of my cowboy and indian icon art pieces.
Today, on my way back home to Safford, was the day that I would leave an art piece at the restaurant. I pulled off the highway, parked the car, and took a walk around the restaurant in search of a cozy windowsill. I found one near the former entrance of the restaurant.
Placed, photographed and documented art piece #107 on the sill.
Wow. Speaking of an art studio, this building appears as if it might have potential as a combination art studio/store - catching the tourist trade to and from New Mexico. Unlike the river rock house, one could also due a bit of side business with an unique snack bar. I wonder how many folks would come by for cowboy beans and coffee or indian fry bread and buffalo jerky? Well, if I wanted to kind of stay in line with 1800's Apache meal selection, I would probably have to include horse not buffalo meat.
Sorry, Lady Latte! I know - you’re a sweet mare not a tasty American luncheon selection. Just glad its 2011 and not 1800.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment