Monday, August 15, 2011

Graham County Cemetery. April 14, 2011

I miss my deceased equine pal, Princess Lulu.  She was a seasoned mare who did well as a “pet therapist.”  There were times when I had an old cowboy or cowgirl on hospice services who wanted to spend some time with a horse before they died.  I would take Lulu and some fresh baked goods to the patient’s home, which was usually in the “city”.  At this stage of their life and disease process, they now lived with one of their adult children.  Their faces and hearts beamed when Lulu and I arrived at their home.
Lady Latte, my almost 4 year old paint, is a bit high strung for pet therapy.  She’s got some Arabian bloodlines in her  -  a spectacular vision when she’s running – full gallop – around the property.  She is affectionate and adores people when they visit her.  Not the other way around, so far, when she’s somewhere unfamiliar. 
I managed to purchase a small sorrel mare with a flaxen mane named Spice to take over Lulu’s hospice duties.  She was a rescued horse with unknown origins.      In the process of being bought and delivered to my place, she gave birth to a beautiful Palomino colt.  So the RocknW has become a foal nursery.
I placed, photographed and documented cowboy and indian art piece #112 at the entrance of the Graham County Cemetery.  This cemetery is about a mile away from where Spice is right now.  The symbolization of the circle of life – with death there are new beginnings.  Good-bye to Princess Lulu and hello to Spice and her colt, Apache.
   




No comments:

Post a Comment